Submissions for the Pathways14 Conference are now open.
Please contact the Conference Manager on 02 6252 1200 or by email at if you have any questions regarding the abstract process.
The 2018 Conference focus is Progressive Partnerships – Inclusive, Innovative and Ingenuity. Preference will be given to abstracts which share research, projects or best practice on this years theme.
- Universal Design for Learning
- Inherent Requirements
- Mental Health and wellbeing
- Interface between NDIS and tertiary education and community links.
Click the button below to submit your abstract now.
- Abstracts should be no more than 250 words.
- The abstract should provide sufficient detail to represent accurately the intended presentation.
- Please select a theme to assist the committee in allocating the presentation, if accepted.
- All of the costs to attend the conference, including the registration fee, must be paid by presenters. At least one author for each abstract accepted for presentation in the conference program is expected to register and pay to attend the conference to present their research.
- Presenters of oral presentations will have 20 minute time slots, plus 5 minutes for discussion.
- For those presenting their abstract in poster format, it is expected that one of the authors be present at their poster during specified poster viewing times to discuss their poster with fellow delegates.
- The organising committee has the right to refuse or accept any submission and allocate the presentation type.
In assessing submissions, the following factors will be considered
- The abstract demonstrates clear links to conference themes.
- The methods for conducting research and/or evaluating projects, where relevant.
- The relevance of the abstract to all delegates.
- How clearly the abstract is articulated.
ABSTRACT DEADLINE: Monday 23 July 2018
- If you require an alternative format for abstract submission please contact Consec – Conference and Event Management by e-mail: or phone +61 2 6252 1200.
Note to Authors
- Presenting authors will be required to register and pay for the conference by the author registration deadline to ensure their abstract(s) are included in the final program. Pathways14 does not pay honoraria for any presentations.
- Only the presenting author will be contacted by email regarding acceptance or otherwise of the submitted abstract.
- All conference abstracts accepted for Pathways14 will be made available to delegates in the conference program.
Twenty (20) minutes will be allocated for oral presentations plus five (5) minutes for questions. Papers should be presented using PowerPoint projection. Overheads will not be permitted. Please bring your presentation PowerPoint slides on a memory stick to the audio visual speaker's preparation room on arrival at the conference for loading onto the conference lap top computers. Please also bring a back-up of your presentation on a separate memory stick or CD in case of presentation failure.
Posters should include author and co-author's names, a short title, the name of the institution where the work was carried out and the following sections: Background, Methods/Results and Conclusions. Please be advised that you are required to register for the conference as a delegate in order to present your poster.
Key Dates to Remember
- Last date for submissions COB Monday 23 July 2018.
- Notification of acceptance/non acceptance into the conference program Friday 31 August 2018.
- Pathways14 Conference commences Wednesday 5th December 2018
In submitting an abstract, authors acknowledge they may be required to present on any day (Wednesday, Thursday or Friday) of the conference, as we cannot commit to time scheduling to suit all authors.